March 16, 2010

The Proposal: March 5, 2010



He took me to Peach Park in Clanton for “ice cream”, because I had never been there before… they were about to close so we hurried and got our ice cream and headed outside… I was freezing so I kept walking just to stay warm… we walked down by the little pond and through the trail to a gazebo. I walked into the gazebo and he was right behind me and with my back still to him he started to sing My Last Name, by Dierks Bentley :

So darlin if you're wonderin, why I've got you here tonight
I wanna be your husband, I want you to be my wife
Ain't got much to give you, but what I've got means everything
It's my last name



I knew as soon as he started singing I knew what he was doing… I started to cry and when I turned around he was down on his knee with the ring in his hand (the ring I REALLY wanted!!)…



And of course I said: YES!!!!

I cried all the way back to the car… As soon as we got in the car we started making phone calls announcing our engagement.
It was perfect, it was well worth the wait!


We woke up the next morning and went and looked at houses in Calera with my parents.
Kent had a special dinner planned that night... I had no idea where we were going all I knew is that Brad, Lara & Mary Bradford was going to meet us there.

On the way he finally told me where we were meeting them: BRIO


As we were walking up we ran into his parents! Then my parents walked in... it was perfect. It was the first time his family and my family met each other. It went great! I was so happy.
He planned a PERFECT weekend!!!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Hey baby! You've done such a great job with the blog! It's so beautiful. I look forward to reading what all you blog about when I'm out of town. Love ya baby!