November 26, 2013

Unbelievable?!




Before I start this post just wanted to add an update:
 
We received a call on Nov. 9th that we were getting an offer on the house we were so excited!! It looked very promising but in the end -- ended up falling through :(


To start this one I am going to have to give you a little back dated info...

When Kent began to look for another job... He applied at several places. One of those places happened to BH. When he talked to the VP of BH in July,  he told him they were not looking to hire until Oct. 1st and due to the fact Kent was at his current position it would be difficult for them to hire him based on the working relationship between the two companies. As luck would have it Kent then applied for and was offered the position at OA here in Huntsville. This was a huge answered prayer!

Fast forward to Oct. 1st --- things were going great here in Huntsville! I am happy and Kent is happier than I have seen him in months. Then he gets a phone call from the VP of BH... "Hey, Kent... we are looking to hire for a new position here at BH and would love to sit down to talk to you." Kent then explains that since their last conversation we had moved to Huntsville. The VP begins to tell him a little about the job and asked what it would take to move him back... Kent told him x amount (which in all honesty was a crazy amount to us anyway) and then begin to explain moving expenses, that we signed a contract with our apt for 1 year, etc... The VP then said he was going to be out of town for a few weeks to just be talking it over with me and he would be back in touch.

Well, Kent could barely hang up before I was drilling him about the conversation... we talked about it and was just like "we will see". Honestly I didn't think they would even consider paying Kent the x amount of dollars he requested.. We both decided that we would not say anything to our families until we knew more. No point in getting their hopes up after all this position would require us to move back to Birmingham.

Sometime the week of Nov.4th Kent got a text from the VP at BH saying he wanted to schedule a time to talk to him. He didn't think much about it and forgot to get back with him... Then the next week the VP calls Kent and tells him they are extremely interested in him for this position and really would like it if he would come in for an interview. The comes just a few days after we have joined the church and us finding out the offer on our house fell though. Kent talks with him they discuss numbers and benefits etc... and BH lets him know that the numbers discussed were very doable all he had to do was schedule an interview. Kent hung up with him and called me to let me know... I was speechless he said I think I am going to schedule an interview for next Friday... a week away!! I quickly responded that this needed to be address ASAP so he called the VP and scheduled his interview for the next Monday. That's when we made the decision to tell our parents so they could be praying for God's will. So I got on the phone with my dad who ended up being with my mom at the time and let them know ... stressing the fact they tell no one right now at least until it was a "done" deal! (which I later found out did not happen). Kent called his parents and asked them to be praying as well.

On Monday, Nov 18th Kent went in for his interview at 8:00 am and was to call me as soon as it was over... finally after what seemed like forever I finally get a call from him saying it went very well he met with about 5 different people including the COO. The VP told him he would be calling or emailing him mid-week... Really? I have to wait until then to know... lol

Wednesday (which is what I consider mid-week) comes and goes no word ... Then Thursday morning I check our emails as always and see an email from BH... I start texting Kent (forgetting he was in a meeting)...  have you heard anything... I need you to call me... I just read the email .... call me ASAP... Then he calls and says sorry my phone was on silent! (( MEN!! )) He comes home at lunch and types up his 2 weeks notice... gives me the go ahead to call my family as he calls his... We are beyond excited as this is completely God's work in our lives...

As exciting as we were Kent was having a hard time with turning in his notice... He loves his job, the people he works for and with! Probably the hardest notice he has ever had to turn in...

That afternoon I knew I had to make a call about my job.... I was super nervous because I wasn't sure if they would let me come back into the office to work. I called my office manager and asked if she had a minute to talk ... I started out with Kent has been offered another position that is going to require us to move ... back to Birmingham. Is there anyway I can come back to work in the office. You could hear a sigh of relief as she thought I was telling her I was quitting. She quickly reassured me that I could in fact come back which caused me to sigh with relief.


I've had many people ask I why would God move you to Huntsville only to move you back 4 months later and I guess the best way I can describe it is by using the story of Abraham and Isaac ( I know you all know the story so I won't share it here)... no God didn't tell me to sacrifice my son but he did open doors that required me to trust in him and his plan when he removed me from my comfort zone, my family, my church family, my work etc... Plus, Kent may not have been offered this position had he still been with his old company.  We were so upset when the offer on our house fell through but it was all part of God's perfect plan.

The last four months have shown me how thankful I am for 3 bedroom - 2 BATH house.  It has shown me how much you can take your co-workers for granted. It has provided a deeper love and appreciation for family and friends. It shown me that being 25 min away from your mom and dad and church is way better that 2 hours. 

I can say I will miss Huntsville but I am so excited to be moving back HOME! Do to the fact I am going to be super busy the next blog post may come after Christmas! Lol 

No comments :