February 14, 2011

Our FIRST Valentine's Day as Husband and Wife!!!

What a wonderful Valentine's Day I have had!
We started celebrating on Friday with the Softball Valentine Banquet at church. It was so much fun we had a wonderful spaghetti dinner. Afterwards we had a couple of people sing, the drama team preformed, and we had to games! We truly had a great time.

Saturday Night we went out for a date night... We had Ruby Tuesday's for dinner and watched 
"Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston... It was so cute... one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies!

Then tonight we ended up going to the Cajun Steamer for dinner and then when I got home I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me on the island in our kitchen.... 6 BEAUTIFUL ROSES!!! It was the perfect way to end a perfect day! Then I surprised Kent by asking him to play Halo, something we havent done together since we were dating.

~~~ A little background story about playing Halo ~~~

Friday Night at the banquet they had a game called the "Not So Newlywed Game"... One of the questions asked was : "I knew she was the one when..." Some interesting answers came from the players and I was curious to know what Kent's response would be so I asked him while we were out on our date Saturday night.
His response: " I knew you were the one when you played Halo with me for the first time"
I laughed and said I played Halo with you the first time before we ever even went on our first "official" date!
So that is why I WANTED to play him in a game of Halo tonight. Im no better now than I was then. I think 6 was the most shots I had, but I had a blast playing with my Valentine!

Oh and for those interested in my response:
I knew Kent was the one the night he met my parents for the first time.
I knew I loved him when I was ready to introduce him to my parents (which took almost 4 months).
But the night at Longhorns on 280 when they actual met face to face for the first time, I knew!
He got along so well with them from the moment they met and that was very important to me.
I knew when we left that he was "THE ONE" and that I would marry him one day!

I Love You, Kent Pharis Walton!
Thank you for "making me fun"!

No comments :